Gogolewo is a knights’ village located 4 km north of Książ Wielkopolski. It derives its name from “gogoł” – the common goldeneye. The above shows that in the vicinity of the village, there was plenty of old deciduous forests, because this type of duck nests in cavities in large trees, places that are very calm, and such conditions in former centuries prevailed in the surroundings of Gogolewo. The forests, now mainly coniferous, and the specific tranquility have been preserved in the Gogolewo area to this day. The first historical mention of Gogolewo comes from 1149, when Sędziwój donated the village to the monastery of Saint Vincent in Wrocław. In later centuries, Gogolewo was the heritage of the old line of Doliwa family from Rozdrażewo. The representative of this family, who signed as Paszek from Gogolewo, was a chamberlain from Kalisz, later a judge from Poznań, the owner of Gogolewo, Lutogniew, Rozdrażew and Kępa in the years 1392 – 1425. Paszek built the first wooden church in Gogolewo, which was dedicated to Saint John the Evangelist and Saint Stanislaus. This temple was consecrated on October 23, 1390. Then, Gogolewo for about 200 years, until 1640 was owned by Rozdrażewscy family – Jarosław, Jan, Wacław and their descendants. The next owners were Mielińscy, Cieleccy, Grzymułtowscy, Grabowscy, from whom, in the middle of the 18th century, the estate was purchased by Ludwik Skrzetuski.